Join Troop ONE
In addition to the leaders listed below, feel free to contact any Troop ONE parent – they are full on information and willing to share
- Erick Slazinski, Scoutmaster
- John Judge, Committee Chair
- Brett Angle, ASM-New Scouts
Who Can Join?
- Someone new to scouting with no current experience in cub scouting
- Someone who is a Webelos II Scout in a Cub Scout Pack anxious to join a Boy Scout Troop
- Someone who is an older scout returning to scouting or transferring from another troop.
- 11 yrs old
-or- completed the 5th grade
-or- have received the Arrow of Light.
Troop ONE welcomes visitors to our troop meeting. We meet every Tues from 7:30-9:00pm, at our chartered organization, First Baptist Church of Akron, located at 1670 Shatto Avenue, Akron, OH 44313
Every October, Troop ONE holds an Open House, where those youth and their parents can learn about the First Baptist Family of Scouting units.
Our open house will be held on Tues, Oct 18, from 7:30-8:30 pm at First Baptist Church of Akron, located at 1670 Shatto Avenue, Akron, OH 44313
A youth can join Troop ONE anytime after they meet the joining requirements.
Parents play a vital role in making sure your scout has a great start. Here is a summary of what you can expect as your scout transitions to Troop ONE.
Come and see your scout enjoy Troop ONE as he begins to flourish with his fellow patrol members.
Parents and Guardians are welcome to all Troop ONE events – meetings, and campouts. Learn about the opportunities for you.
Feb 25, 2023 at Camp Manatoc
Get your scouting adventure off to a great start. Don’t miss one of the most important events of the year!