1. 100% Boys get Boys Life subscriptions.
2. Earn again the Manatoc Retreat Flag at Summer Camp, ideally on the first night.
3. At least 90% of active and available scouts go to summer camp.
4. Earn the Journey to Excellence Award at the Gold Level
5. Earn the BSA National Outdoor Challenge Award by the end of December of each year and secure the ribbon.
b. National Outdoor Badges are also available and requires some of this tracking.
6. 50% of the active troop members have first aid merit badge by September of the following year, 50% are CPR certified, and 50% of the Venture Scouts will complete Wilderness and Remote first Aid training at least once during their membership. The Troop will earn the BSA Ready and Prepared Award and each member will earn the Emergency Preparedness Award.
7. Encourage 100% participation at meetings and weekend campouts. Our goal is 60% participation on campouts and meetings.
8. At ILSTs and PLCs encourage patrol leaders to pursue the National Honor Patrol Award.
b. Application form http://www.scouting.org/filestore/boyscouts/pdf/512-021_WB.pdf
9. Provide a program that will allow all currently registered scouts be First Class or higher by the September Court of Honor.
10. Provide a program for all First Class Scouts to allow them to enhance their scouting skills, hold their interest and provide for fun based in part on the Boy Scout Fieldbook and Venturer and Ranger Handbooks at troop meetings. Encourage all scouts First Class and over to purchase the Fieldbook.
11. Each monthly PLC planning meeting will use these goals in their planning.
12. Provide a variety of scheduled games and activities at meetings. Have them tied to the monthly program feature at least once a month.
13. Once each quarter the Troop program will include activities that reinforce the Scout skills learned in the Tenderfoot through First Class rank requirements.
14. Maintain a Troop Ethic of ‘Leave no Trace’ outdoor activities and provide a one-hour LNT awareness training in each 6 month term of office.
15. Encourage all eligible scouts and have at least 2 scouts to attend Leave No Trace Trainer weekend workshop when it is offered.
16. Hold at least one gear day per quarter.
17. Do at least seven service projects
in the coming year. At least one of
these service projects will benefit First
18. Encourage Order of the Arrow awareness among Scouts and participation in OA activities by OA members and have the Troop OA representative hold monthly OA meetings before the troop meeting on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
19. The program at camp is most often tied to the monthly feature. We will program camps differently for new, experienced, and venture scouts.
20. Support the Cub Scout packs by offering assistance for at least two events and supplying den chiefs to the packs, plus offer Webelos opportunities to attend with troop when practical.